Tuesday, January 27

Here I go again

I ditched you.  I'm sorry.

I need to become more loyal to this blogging business.  Things have been going fairly well.  Happy New Year!  I did not start this year with any resolutions... and I don't think thats a bad thing.  I'm trying to not plan so much and just let things happen as they come.  Key word: trying.  

I have lately rediscovered my appreciation and love for candles.  I'm serious they are freaking awesome.  Make fun of them then light one up in a dark scary room and we'll see who's talking.  Its so amazing what a hint of light can do to a space. I have a crazy respect for venues with cool lighting decorations.  New York opened my eyes up to a whole new level of interior design when I walked into hotels and snazy restaurants.  This one place - I think it was called Bar 38 - had restrooms with clear doors and bright lights over the toilets.  There were no men or women's restrooms... just see-through doors with an intense light.  When you walk in the door fogs over and a little light shines on it saying "in use."  So very cool.  Along with those crazy effects like in Bar 38, it fascinates me how the direction of light can showcase an image.  From the bottom it can make a building look epic, and from the side it can accentuate any shape.  I love noticing how lighting is used in films, photographs, and interior design.  Why they took that angel and how does it help the mood they are trying to create.  Light is very powerful. 

To me, candles are a way to create your own unique light.  Amen.  

Off to bed with a giant candle burning and listening to Rachael Yamagata...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment